Thursday, April 26, 2012

Starsky's Hutch

I've reached a new level with this one!

Our client wanted a country/primitive style hutch with a barn board back and a very eclectic layout. They also wanted specific sizes for displaying some family heirloom china. As you can see, this is a very eclectic layout with bead board raised panels, solid maple drawer front and some custom toggle locks just like an old arts & crafts period hutch.

The dish rack in the upper cabinet holds up to 13 plates, and there is ample storage with adjustable shelving in the base cabinets. The client also requested that we use as much reclaimed wood as we could.

I was able to utilize enough scrap wood to make over 50% of the parts! That saves them money, and it helped me clear out some space for more stock. I also managed to use an old dining room table top for some adjustable shelves. I'd have to say, this is one unique hutch.

If you like this, or have any other furniture pieces in mind, give me a call and we can discuss what your vision is.

Stay tuned for the final product...
painted some fun colors with unique knobs/handles!

1 comment: